Friday, December 3, 2010

The Immigration Journey Has Begun....

     We have started the long trail of paper work for my immigration process. At the end of which I will have my green card, and be able to work, and my permanent residence, which will allow me to live here. I thought I would post the checklist on here of what all we have to get together and send in. This does not include the forms we have to fill out, etc... just the titles of the forms.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS MATERIALS CHECKLIST
© Suburban Law Group

I-130 Checklist

  1. Form I-130
  2. Filing Fee: $355.00: made payable to Department of Homeland Security
  3. G-325 filled out by the US Citizen signed and dated
  4. G-325 filled out by the foreign spouse signed and dated
  5. 2 Passport style photos for you and your spouse.
  6. Copy of the Full Birth certificate (front and back) for the US Citizen or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport. This is used to establish citizenship.
  7. A copy of the intending immigrant's birth certificate along with English translation. (If in any language other than English)
  8. A copy of your certified marriage certificate (translated if not in English)
  9. A certified official copy of the petitioner's and/or intending immigrant's divorce documents. (If divorced before
  10. A copy of a prior spouse's death certificate. (If applicable)

I-485 Checklist

  1. Form I-485: Petition for Alien Relative
  2. Filing Fee: $1010.00: made payable to Department of Homeland Security
  3. Another G-325 filled out, signed and dated by non-U.S. Citizen
  4. Copy of the non US Citizen Spouses Passport (biographical page as well as entry stamps).
  5. Copy of the non US Citizen Spouses valid I-94 (front and back copies)
  6. A copy of the intending immigrant's birth certificate and/or passport along with English translation. (If in any language other than English)
  7. A copy of your marriage certificate. (If filing for your spouse)
  8. A copy of the petitioner's and/or intending immigrant's divorce documents. (If one or both of you have been divorced before)
  9. Two passport-type photos of the Non US Citizen Spouse
  10. I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status You can go here to find a doctor in your area: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV or let us know your zipcode and we'll generate a list that is in your area.
I-864 Checklist:

  1. Form I-864
  2. Copy of signed recent tax return with W2
  3. Any 1099’s as part of that tax return
  4. Letter from employer confirming employment
  5. Self employed or asset based please contact me right away
  6. Copy of 3 recent pay stubs
  7. If using others to qualify use 864A and contact me right away.


I-765 Checklist
  1. Form I-765
  2. Copy of I-94 arrival/departure record
  3. Full copy of passport with picture showing (color best)
  4. Two passport style photos


I-131 Checklist

  1. Form I-131
  2. Copy of passport identity page
  3. Copy of I-94 arrival/departure record
  4. Letter stating why advanced parole should be issued.
  5. Notice of receipt of AOS package OR letter stating concurrent filing
  6. Two passport style photos

The Legal Services Agreement, printed out and signed by both of you.

3 comments:

Laura Engle said...

I got a chuckle out of this post...oh how I remember the stress of all the paper work and documents....and documents...and did I mention documents!...that you have to turn in to them. Oh, and the worry that you are filling everything out correctly! LOL!

Dreamin' said...

It is cazy....It will cost a fortune just in copying and pass port pictures....oh, and I dread the doctor bill...totally unbelievable.. :( :)

Holly said...

It was easier for me going the other way, but it still felt like I was signing my life away. Pace yourself, you'll make it!!!