Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas This Year....

     At church tonight we all had to share what Christmas meant to us this year. I honestly hadn't given it a whole lot of "organized" thought. As I started to organize my thoughts from this Christmas season and the direction our Christmas seems to be taking two things have stood out to me.... (If you are wrapped up in the first thing, the second one kind of follows it. )

    1. It's all about giving and how can I be a blessing to others this Christmas.
   2. Not to let the commercial aspect overwhelm the real reason for Christmas.

   It was also said that so few people really know what it means to give until it hurts.... How true that is. We'll give as long as it doesn't mean a great personal sacrifice on our part, or until we feel like we've given our share, and that is about the extent of it. Yet God gave until it hurt....He gave His only Son.

No comments: