Thursday, October 4, 2012

September....

     Where did September go?? It was a very busy month for us...Hang with me because I have a feeling this is going to be a very lengthy post! :)  It started out celebrating Labor Day with most of the Evans family at a lake/park. We had a lot of fun riding boats, walking trails, etc. Then we all came back to Pop and Mama's to grill burgers.
     We then flew out for British Columbia on the 5th to see a bunch of my family. It was Michael's first time flying, which made it even more exciting! I don't know which of us was more excited... him to finally fly, or me to have him experience it for the first time. He really liked it, but said he'd rather drive places. He hated not being in control and making connecting flights.:)
    We spent the first couple days of our trip in Vancouver with my Pops, Karen, and two sisters, Tajanna and Talia. We had a blast and they did a great job showing Michael around and taking us to the Vancouver Aquarium, down to the ocean at White Rock, and seeing the city. We enjoyed our stay with them a lot. It was Michael's first time to meet them and I hadn't seen them in 5 years or so.
    Saturday Morning of our trip, Brittany, Sean, and Lauren (my sister, bro-in-law, and niece) picked us up for the 12 hour drive up north to Chetwynd and Moberly Lake, the place where I grew up and where they and Mom and Dad live. That trip went by pretty quick however, we stopped to see several sites along the way and we had almost 2 years of catching up to do! :)
    In our short week we had up there, we did lots of visiting of old friends {Carveths, Mercedes, Paula to name a few:)} and spent time with family. My brother drove in from 8 hours away where he is living to see us for a day and it was a total surprise to me. Last we had talked he wasn't going to be able to make it and next thing I know he just walks in the door... I will admit there were a few tears of joy on my part!! :)
    I had so much fun dragging Michael around my "stomping grounds" and explaining everything to him! He was a pretty good sport about it but probably not quite as excited as I was. Dad took us bear and moose hunting one day and did some target shooting as well with some of his bigger rifles. It was good to be moose and bear hunting again, and I was glad to see that I could still shoot pretty decent and Michael did great too.:)
     We flew back on Saturday, the 15th, but had some flight issues do to weather and did not end up getting home until noon on Sunday, instead of 9:00pm Sat. :(  Monday we celebrated our two year anniversary together and went out to eat at one of our favorite places, Carrabbas. It has been a wonderful 2 years... the second even better than the first!
   I know I have left out so much that I could tell about our trip, but this is way to long all ready. Since I can not possible post all the pictures on here you can Click Here for Part 1 Pictures and Click Here for Part 2 Pictures . Thanks for hanging with me! :) October looks like a busy month as well... but I hope to get it into a couple smaller posts this time....

3 comments:

Caleb B. said...

Nice blog post. Can't wait till Saturday yall!

Dreamin' said...

Me either!! We are gonna have fun.:)

RicKaren said...

I'm glad you had such a fun trip! I really enjoyed your pictures! I think Canada is so pretty and want to go someday!