Monday, February 27, 2012

Good Mood Food.:)

     I love food {especially, really good food!!} and really enjoy cooking! I am not the most amazing cook, but I like to do it....Baking is not so much my thing... I like it too, but stuff doesn't turn out as good as the stuff I cook. :) LOL. Anyway, I have been trying some new recipes around here and I thought I would share them just in case anyone else is itching to try something new.:) We have been very happy with them, and I am going to definitely be making them again. Some, like the bread sticks and biscuits, I have made a couple times already...

     These, Butter Dip Biscuits, are fast and good. If you need something quick and don't want to make a big mess, these are your answer.:) Also, these Garlic Breadsticks are amazing!! One other recipe I tried from this blog is Baked Penne and we really loved it.:)

     The last recipe I must type in because it is out of one of my books and I can't find the exact version of it online. It is amazing and, every once in a while, well worth the little extra effort it takes.:)

Fettuccine alla Carbonara

12oz uncooked fettuccine or spaghetti
4oz pancetta or bacon cut crosswise into 1/2in wide strips
3 cloves garlic, cut in halves
1/4 cup dry white wine ( I used apple juice)
1/3 cup whipping cream
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
Pepper and whatever other seasoning you like to add

Cook noodles , drain well, cover and keep warm.

Cook and stir pancetta or bacon and garlic in large skillet over medium-low heat 4 min or until lightly browned. Reserve 2 TBS dripping in skillet with pancetta. Discard garlic and remaining drippings.

Add wine to pancetta mixture; cook over medium heat 3 min or until wine has almost evaporated. Add cream; cook and stir 2 min. Remove from heat.

Whisk egg and egg yolk in top of double boiler. Place top of double boiler over simmering water, adjusting heat to maintain simmer. Whisk 1/3c cheese and seasonings into egg mixture; cook and stir until sauce has thickened slightly.

Pour pancetta mixture over fettuccine; toss to coat. Cook over medium-low heat until heated through. Add egg mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; serve immediatly.

Makes 4 servings

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for following my blog! So glad to have found you. I teach piano lessons as well. Will be following you!