Monday, August 30, 2010

Chair Cover Project

     I have been working on finding a way to do chair covers for our reception for a reasonable price. [If you've ever looked at chair covers...you know they are not reasonable.] The reason being, the place for our reception is very nice but has ugly grey metal folding chairs. A friend gave me this idea and so I decided to try it. :) I bought pink organza sashes, already cut because it was just as cheap to do that as make my own, then bought a roll of ivory plastic table cover and have been cutting it into 24 in. wide strips....I thought I'd post some pictures of the results. I'm very happy with them, and they ended up costing $0.95 per chair instead of $3.65 per chair [which is the typicle cost of a chair cover with a sash.]  :) :)

6 comments:

Michael said...

They are so pretty Babe! You did such a great job and been working so hard!! I'm so proud of you Kimb!! I can't wait till the weddng :) Love you

Debbie Watkins said...

Looks like that will work! Did it take long to do a chair?

Kimb said...

Not really....Just drap the plastic over... Tying the sash takes a little time, but they tie well. Then I just taped it on the inside of the back leg to make it hang nice....

Kimb said...

Thanks Babe for being so supportive... You're the best!

Debbie Watkins said...

I thought you were doing a brown for the reception. You decide on ivory instead?

Kimb. said...

I am going to do brown table cloths with the ivory and pink bows. I think most of the time the chair cover is a light color, and I didn't want it to be to dark. All the tables will be dark brown with pink and ivory accents..